This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Restaurant/Food Service Grocery/Convenience Stores
King Soopers Store 36
8055 Wadsworth Blvd.
Arvada, CO 80003
King Soopers/City Market, a division of The Kroger Co., operates stores in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming.
We are seeking courteous, enthusiastic and skilled people to welcome our guests, model a ‘Customer 1st' behavior and make them feel important and appreciated. Ideal candidates should be willing to learn the principles of our business, understand the demands of a high-volume retail position and demonstrate our commitment to honesty, integrity, safety, diversity, inclusion and respect.
FULL TIME OPENING:
The Deli Chef's main responsibilities are to analyze cost for new recipes, determine profitability and computes weekly purchases. The Deli Chef also directs deli personnel in the day to day operation of the delicatessen department. These responsibilities include preparing and displaying the product and maintaining proper sanitation within the department. The most important job that the Deli Chef will need to perform is to provide service that exceeds our customers expectations.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers' expectations, gains customers' trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
- 2 Years restaurant cooking and/or Line Chef experience
- Skilled in proper customer service
- Good food/cooking knowledge
- Experience in food handling and/or preparation
- Prepares all food product to established standards and recipes
- Prepares signs and prices product in cases
- Sets up and maintains stock conditions and appearance of cases
- Available to work flexible schedules that include weekends, evenings, and Holidays
- Able and experienced in working at a fast pace in a customer sensitive work environment
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including a comprehensive medical, dental and vision plan as well as a 401(k) plan to help you prepare for your future. Benefit eligibility is dependent upon location and length of service. In addition we offer credit union membership, an employee stock purchase plan and educational assistance.
All positions require excellent customer service skills and ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.WAGE:
$15.49 per hour.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click Apply Now or fax your resume to 303.778.3200
DRUG SCREENING: King Soopers/City Market adheres to the philosophy of a DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT. To this end, we ask that our external Finalist Candidates PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN prior to any job offer being made.
POSTING DATES: September 19, 2013 to September 28, 2013
***All applications and resumes must be in by 5pm Saturday Sept. 28th
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct to our application page. We look forward to hearing from you!