Assistant General Manager Central Fill
Pharmacy Central Fill
Position Reports To:
Operations Supervisors and Non-Union Hourly Associates
Work with the General Manager to model leadership and provide coaching and direction to Central Fill associates in order to achieve desired business results. Assist the General Manager in all operational activities for the multi-shift Central Fill pharmacy facility. Assist the General Manager with the planning, organizing, managing and direction of the daily production operation to accurately and safely complete the prescription fill process while ensuring timely distribution of all prescriptions to the retail units. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
* Manage the Central Fill workforce in the achievement of business objectives
* Provide input to establish financial goals and manage operations to meet or exceed the goals
* Ensure safety, quality, and regulatory standards are maintained daily
* Direct and coach supervisors regarding the daily operations
* Assist in the professional development of hourly supervisors
* Facilitate and ensure execution of the performance feedback process for all hourly operation associates
* Coordinate operations scheduling
* Oversee and ensure consistent training on all shifts
* Effectively communicate business objectives to Central Fill associates
* Provide support and feedback to the GM for on-going issues such as maintenance improvements, project implementation, staffing requirements, training, etc.
* Ensure HIPPA compliance in the facility
* Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports
* Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
* Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers' expectations, gains customers' trust and respect.
* Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
* Achieves results through teamwork - Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
* Leads through positive influence - Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
* Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
* Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
* Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
* Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
* Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Job Specific Skills:
* Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
* Continuous Improvement - Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impact
* Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
* Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive; generating innovative solutions in work situations.
* Managing Work (includes Time Management) - Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
* Quality Orientation - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
* Results Oriented - Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment: using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment: tenaciously working to meet or exceed those goals while deriving satisfaction from the process of goal achievement and continuous improvement.
* Technical/Professional Knowledge, Compliance and Skills - Achieving a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position and/or related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. Ensures associates and location comply with laws and regulation applicable to the company.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* 2+ years of supervisory experience
* Demonstrated team leadership skills
* Ability to work evening and weekend hours
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
* Working knowledge of budgets and financials
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
* Ability to travel independently (less than 10%)
Desired Previous Job Experience
* Bachelor's Degree
* Retail pharmacy experience
* Knowledge of Pharmacy systems
Potential Career Path from this position:
* General Manager
* Store Management
* Manager of High Volume Pharmacy
It is the policy of The Kroger Co. to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment.
Enter your phone number to receive updates on careers at King Soopers & City Market .